Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Waiting

Only few people has escaped to the currently world economic crisis and I am not one of them. The possible publishing of my novel “Broken illusions” has been postponed to the next year, when the crisis will be over or at least will be weak and the people will have money again. I am waiting for the release of this book with a lot of enthusiasm because it´s the best story that I have wrote to this moment and I have highs expectations with it. Honestly I think that I can get my dream of becoming into a successful writer with this book. It is a beautiful story about the harsh economic crisis that suffers Cuba in 1993 and 1994, the worst years in the last three decades. Love, hate, violence, revenge, ambition, dreams, sacrifice, deception, anxiety, death, everything is combined in this story.

I have been fighting for three years for the edition of this novel and two foreigner publishers gave me hopes in 2009 for the next year. I am not completely sure that it will happen but when you are poor and you have little choices, something is better than nothing. Maybe 2010 is my lucky year.

I wish everybody a better life.

Michel Estrada.

No comments:

Post a Comment